Friday, October 9, 2009

COLLEEN'S OVEN ROASTED AND BARBECUE TURKEY

Oven Roasted Turkey

Once your Turkey is thawed, remove the wrapper and wash the turkey inside and out.

Preheat oven to 325F

I place a rack in the bottom of my roasting pan to prevent the turkey from sticking
Place turkey in roasting pan
Butter the turkey
Sprinkle Poultry Seasoning, Garlic and Pepper over the turkey
Add 1 bottle of Beer
Add 1 Cup of Water
Place Aluminum Foil over the turkey before you place it into the oven and remove 1 hour before cooking time is done

Cooking Times listed below:

8 Pounds 2.75 Hours
12 Pounds 3 Hours
14 Pounds 3.75 Hours
18 Pounds 4.25 Hours
20 Pounds 4.50 Hours
24+ Pounds 5 Hours

Baste your turkey hourly and add more Beer if necessary

(I usually let my turkey have 2 Beers total and you can have 1 too if you like...)

And add more water if necessary...


Cooking Turkey on the Barbecue...

Before you start, please make sure your Barbecue is big enough for your roasting pan and turkey and I put a little rack inside my pan; my new Barbecue is not big enough now so now I have to roast my turkey in the oven...

The Barbecue should be on a medium heat and you close the lid of the Barbecue to cook the turkey.

I place a rack in the bottom of my roasting pan to prevent the turkey from sticking
Place turkey in roasting pan
Butter the turkey
Sprinkle Poultry Seasoning, Garlic and Pepper over the turkey
Add 1 bottle of Beer
Add 1 Cup of Water

Cooking times are faster than above but we found this turkey was delicious.

Baste your turkey hourly and add more Beer if necessary

(I usually let my turkey have 2 Beers total and you can have 1 too if you like...)

And add more water if necessary...

Enjoy,

Colleen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment